Connecting with PADI Dive Centres or Resorts is even easier for millions of prospective divers with the PADI eLearning™ system.
Initially launched in 2007 with the PADI Open Water Diver Course Online, there are currently nine PADI eLearning programs offered in as many as nine languages each. The PADI eLearning juggernaut continues to gain steam as enrollments are up more than 26 percent in 2012 as compared to the same time last year.
Benefits of PADI eLearning to Dive Centres and Resorts
- You share revenue for student divers who affiliate with your business
- Your customers have another option for fitting knowledge developement into their busy lives
- Your new customers have received consistent education, equipment and experience promotions
- New divers are delivered to your store
The goals of the PADI eLearning model are simple:
- To increase entry-level diver enrolments by expanding dive centre business hours to 24/7
- To drive new, enthusiastic student divers to the dive centre to fulfill not only their training completion needs, but also all of their diving needs
- To help interest divers in more dive education, equipment and experiences
PADI’s eLearning model works one of three ways:
- PADI Dive Centres and Resorts can choose to place a link on their website that allows new student divers to sign up for online knowledge development learning. This automatically affiliates the diver with that store.
- Potential divers who find the eLearning link on padi.com will be prompted to first affiliate with a local PADI Dive Centre or Resort before continuing on to the eLearning site.
- PADI Dive Centres and Resorts can purchase eLearning gift passes for their students. These can be mailed directly to the divers which also automatically affiliates the diver with that store. This is very useful if you offer a package which includes the eLearning fee.
eLearning is all about convenience – the opportunity to begin and continue diver education beginning on the internet and continuing through PADI Dive Centres and Resorts. Through an interactive web-based program new students will read, hear and see the same material other student divers receive from interacting with the PADI Manuals, Video or Multimedia.
After enrolling, PADI’s eLearning system presents the student with interactive presentations that include videos, audio, graphics and reading. Short quizzes allow them to gauge their progress, and review and correct anything they might happen to miss. It lets them move through the program efficiently and at their own pace.
One of the most talked about benefits of PADI eLearning is how easy it is for PADI Members to offer the program. PADI has developed a set up program simple enough that anyone familiar with a keyboard and computer could easily navigate.
An outline to the basics of this program is available to PADI Retail & Resort Association Members on the PADI Pros site, including:
- How PADI Dive Centres and Resorts can prepare to welcome eLearners into their business
- What the eLearner experiences
- How PADI Dive Centres and Resorts can integrate eLearning into their current training programs
- What tools are available to help PADI Dive Centres and Resorts communicate with eLearners along with answers to other important questions on eLearning.
PADI Retail and Resort Association Members can get started by logging on to the PADI Pros site at padi.com and following the simple step-by-step instructions.
PADI Instructors can also be involved in the eLearning program.
For further information regarding eLearning, contact your PADI Regional Manager or call +61 2 9454 2888: