This year marks PADI’s 50th Anniversary, and to help us celebrate this milestone, we’re calling on PADI Professionals to share their favourite diving moment from the past 50 years.
Enter your favourite diving moment by uploading a photo, video or story and you could win one of these incredible prizes: an Aqua Lung CORE Regulator, a GoPro HERO4 package, a Suunto D4i Novo Dive Computer, Vivid-Pix photo editing software or a PADI eLearning Gift Pass/Gift Bag.
You could share…
- An incredible marine life encounter
- A memorable experience with your scuba students
- How and why you became a PADI Pro
Be sure to get your customers and students divers involved too. They can also share their top underwater memories – even if they only happened today!
OR enter your photos/video by including #PADI50Years on Instagram or Twitter.
The contest is open now and entries close on 10th July, 2016 (23:59 UTC).
For our Dives with a Difference contest, we’re looking for dive sites which are out of the normal scuba box – the places we don’t always dive every day, locations that need specialist training to access, or simply those which are a one-of-its-kind in the world. Dive sites such as…
- Missile silos and bunkers
- Underground caves, the cenotes and other sinkholes
- Diving under the ice
- Sculpture parks, memorials and hotels below the surface
- Craters, volcanos and altitude dives in the mountains
- Underwater forests, parks and ruins
- …surprise us with your most unusual diving destination
If you regularly dive, teach, or run your PADI business from one of the world’s more unusual diving locations, submit a photo or video of your most extraordinary dive and you could win one of three cool prizes!
How to Enter
Enter your details on the PADI Facebook Page Contest Tab and upload either your photo or video along with a short description of your dive and what makes it unusual. Entries must be submitted before 11.59pm UTC on 16 June 2015.
PADI staff will shortlist 10 finalists after the entry period closes. These 10 finalists will be listed on the contest page for public vote between 19th-26th June 2015. The three entries with the highest number of votes will be chosen as 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Winners.
The Winner (1st Place) will get a GoPro video package which includes: One Hero4 Silver camera kit, 2X filters, 1 dive housing and 1 camera tripod.
Two runner up winners (2nd Place and 3rd Place) will each win a Quik Pod DSLR/POV Ultra selfie stick, a Quik Pod Floating Lanyard and a PADI Prize Pack/Swag bag.
PADI Divers who share their love of scuba diving with friends can earn $10US towards their next eLearning course and their friends can save $10US as well. Here’s how it works in a nutshell:
- Divers visit PADI’s Facebook page and click the Refer A Friend tab. After liking PADI’s page, the diver clicks a link to share the special offer to their wall. After sharing the promotion, the diver receives a claim code for $10US off a PADI eLearning course.
- Friends and family members of that diver who would like $10US off a PADI eLearning course can re-share the deal and receive a code of their own… and so on and so on. Please note: the promotion begins the week of 4 August 2014.
- The special offer must be shared to the user’s Facebook wall in order to receive the discount code
- To promote Refer A Friend on a Facebook page or eNewsletter use:cu.pn/padi (starting the week of 4 August)
- The eLearning discount is the first of three special deals that will be offered in the coming months.
- eLearning gift codes and Scuba Review are not eligible for the $10US discount
Refer a Friend Step-By-Step Instructions
- Visit facebook.com/padi and click the Refer-A-Friend Tab
- The user must Like PADI’s Facebook page (if they haven’t already)
- The special offer will be revealed and the user must share the special offer to their personal Facebook wall in order to receive the deal.
- The user agrees to the terms and conditions
- The user can add a personal message to their wall post
- Once shared to the user’s wall, a promo code will appear. Each code can be used only once and it has a set, solid, no kidding expiration date. In the case of the eLearning promotion, the coupon must be redeemed during the month of August 2014.
- This promo code is displayed on screen and also emailed to the student.
The code is used during the eLearning checkout process to redeem the $10US discount. If redeemed in a country outside the US, the value will be at parity with USD.
Questions you may have:
- Coupon codes cannot be combined. The max discount per user is $10US.
- The coupon code will also be emailed to the address associated with the user’s Facebook profile
- For issues claiming codes, contact support at coupsmart dot com. For issues specific to eLearning contact 800 729 7237 ext. 2495 or customerservice at padi dot com.
- The $10US discount value is paid for by PADI
As every diver knows, it’s nearly impossible to describe the underwater world in mere words. And while there’s nothing like actually being there, a great underwater video can enchant even the stodgiest land-lubber. So PADI has partnered with GoPro to incentivize divers to create and share underwater videos.
Divers who upload a video to YouTube or Vimeo and post it to ScubaEarth will be eligible to win a new GoPro Hero3+ with underwater housing, mount, and two filters. A new winner will be selected each month from February through July 2014.
Here are the specific details of how to enter:
1. Divers sign in or create a free account at scubaearth.com
2. Upload the scuba video to YouYube or Vimeo and copy the link.
3. Post the video to the media gallery by clicking the Media Upload button
4. Send a message to the ScubaEarth Community Manager* with a link to the video.
5. A new winner will be chosen each month from February through July 2014. ScubaEarth members can enter up to two videos per month – and yes, PADI Pros are eligible to enter!
Videos should be no more than 5 minutes in length and promote the scuba diver lifestyle including topside and/or underwater highlights of a dive destination including, but not limited to, underwater animal life and divers exploring the underwater world. Videos that include footage of divers touching marine life or the reef, including artificial reefs such as wrecks, will be disqualified.
For additional details, including the official rules, visit scubaearth.com/goprovideo.
* Every ScubaEarth member is automatically associated with the ScubaEarth Community Manager, but if you are such a popular diver that you can’t find the Community Manager amongst all your buddies, use the search box to locate the Community Manager’s profile.