The OZTeK Dive Conference and Exhibition will be held on the 16-17th March 2013 in Sydney, Australia. This exhibition caters to every level of diving interest and promotes the excitement and adventure of diving.
The exhibition will feature everything that divers need; from cameras to compressors, regulators to rebreathers, snorkels and scooters, facemasks and fins. Information will also be provided about exotic overseas dive resorts and great live-aboard trips. The world’s leading equipment brands, accessories and travel destinations will be on show at OZTeK 2013.
With more than 60 presentations, seminars and workshops focused on the very best of diving ‘info-tainment’, the OZTeK 2013 Conference offers an inspirational voyage of discovery into all of diving’s future possibilities.
Important event information:
OZTeK Dive Conference & Exhibition
Saturday 16th March 2013: 09:00 – 18:00
Sunday 17th March 2013: 09:00 – 17:00
Australian Technology Park
Locomotive Street (off Garden St.)
Eveleigh, Sydney, Australia NSW 1430
ScubaEarth™ – the new PADI online resource and social community for divers (and all water sport enthusiasts) is now available for all PADI Professionals!
ScubaEarth hosts everything from current weather and dive conditions to photos and videos. This is a great tool to stay connected with all of your students, divers and other PADI Pros. Now is the best time to register and set up your profile.
Log In Now!
- Go to the PADI Pros’ Site and use your individual member username and password to log in.
- From the PADI Pros’ Site home page, click on the SE icon to access ScubaEarth.
Update Your Profile Picture
After you log in to ScubaEarth the first thing to update is your profile picture. Change this by going to “Settings” and then selecting a photo to upload from your computer.
Add Personal Information
Right under your profile picture, you’ll see a list of tabs to access the main profile features. The first one is an information tab that directs you to your personal details.
Edit this area by selecting “Profile” under “Settings.” Spend a few minutes describing what’s unique about you as a PADI Professional along with some of your specialties and interests.
Explore More Features
A wide variety of features are available for PADI Members to begin using immediately, including:
- Your “Wall” – shows people your ScubaEarth activity and allows people to leave short messages for you.
- “My Certifications” – displays a list of PADI courses you have completed.
- “My Logbook” – shows a digital version of your logbook. As you create dive sites and share logged dives you can keep a history of all your log details here. Others can browse your logbook to see your experiences.
- Add Photos – associate photos and videos with dives by uploading them on the photo/video tab and tagging them to match the relevant dives. These showcase your dive experiences. Photos and videos are highly viewed content, so post often to make your profile exciting and engaging.
- “Gear Locker” – displays the gear you dive with for others to see.
As this is a BETA site, if you require any support you can use the relevant ‘support link’ in the ScubaEarth footer.
If you have any problems logging in please email email@example.com with your member details.
ScubaEarth is poised to become the ultimate online dive resource. So, set up your profile, log dives, share content, and use ScubaEarth to stay connected!
Congratulations to @Blue Guru, Thailand for becoming a @Project AWARE Foundation Feature Member this month.
My Ocean is a global movement for ocean protection and is people-powered. My Ocean community members seek to connect and scale up local actions for change.
Blue Guru Conservation is based on the remote tropical island of Koh Phra Thong, accessed by traditional long tail boat from Kuraburi on the Andaman Coast.
Check out the Blue Guru My Ocean profile for their stories on ocean protection. http://bit.ly/SQlKqP”
Thank you to everyone who has been active on My Ocean and thanks for supporting Project AWARE.
The ScubaEarth BETA site is now live for PADI Dive Shops and will be available for all individual PADI Pros and consumers in the coming weeks.
ScubaEarth gives PADI Dive Shops:
- Exclusive access for PADI Dive Shops to the largest online community dedicated to scuba divers for free.
- Dedicated platform to communicate and engage with your target market without the noise of other social media or online platforms.
- Increase in leads and sales through multiple call to action opportunities including announcements, offers, updates and consumers activity feeds.
- Sense of belonging and association for divers to their selected Primary PADI Dive Shop.
- Multiple branding opportunities including increased brand recognition and awareness for the selected Primary PADI Dive Shop.
- Exclusive targeted listings as a PADI Dive Shop on the world’s largest dive site database including featured travel destinations.
- Instant acquisition of new and existing divers through PADI eLearning integration.
To get started, visit the PADI Pros’ Site and click the ScubaEarth link!
How can PADI Dive Shops login to the BETA site to get started? Simply login to the PADI Pros’ Site using your PADI Dive Shop username and password. Once logged into the PADI Pros’ Site, you can click over to ScubaEarth by following the ScubaEarth link. You can then ensure your PADI Dive Shop Profile is set up with the correct information and familiarise yourself with ScubaEarth.
The How to Set Up Your ScubaEarth Profile guide is also available in the PADI Pros’ Site to assist PADI Dive Shops with the initial set up.
If you have any questions regarding ScubaEarth please contact your PADI Regional Manager or the PADI Asia Pacific office.